Intro

OK, I suppose I will give you a brief intro, since nobody else has dived in
yet.

Dan Lyke knows who I am. Soon, you will too.

I run a site called CamWorld. Self-labeled as a "weblog," CamWorld is a
daily collection of links that I've stumbled across or found. It's a site
full of sharing. It's a site full of my writing and ranting, too. Some
people thing those two things are the same, others think of them as
different.

I used to write lots of fiction. In college, I had dreams of being a
writer, holed up in a Montana cabin or something just as poetic and
romantic, but then the Internet came along and I got sucked into the crazy
world of web design. It's been nearly five years since I wrote any fiction
at all, and now I publish my CamRants, which are simply essays about
whatever is pissing me off or gnawing at my ear.

My days are spent sitting in a cubicle at Borders Online, designing pages
and improving commerce flow based on usability. But at night, I watch TV
and surf (please tell me I'm not the only one who does these things
simultaneously).

I run my own mailing list, called the CamList, which can be interesting at
times. But, I'm simply amazed at the percentage of subscribers who lurk and
never post. I never knew the percentage was so high.

As Dan said, this idrama list doesn't have a clear direction or theme, but
I'm sure one will emerge.

I'm looking forward to talking with eachh and every one of you.

Cameron Barrett
http://www.camworld.com