Re: The Unity of Data and Principle

Bob, I think that you and I are at opposite ends of a very wide chasm, a
chasm so wide as to make our efforts at bridging it depressingly futile. I
don't have the time to explain why 1 + 1 = 2. If you believe that
computerized interactive storytelling can never be accomplished, then you
can point with complete justification to fact that so far nobody has done
so. You can even point out that Chris Crawford, Zee Greatest Game Designer
in Zee Universe!, has devoted himself to the problem for nine years and has
still failed to solve the problem. My only reply is that the problem is very
large and that I'll keep working on it. But I'm not about to give up.

Chris