Re: Film Noir Simulation

>I haven't really thought about the details or feasibility
>of this at all, and I'm certain this isn't something I'd
>come even close to within a few years.. but there's my
>idea, anyway.

Ken, you could start that project today, if you wanted. To spare Chris from
having to say so himself, what you describe is exactly what the Erasmatron
was designed to help you create.

You need to go to
http://www.erasmatazz.com
and do a lot of reading. I suggest starting with Laura Mixon's essay "An
ePilgrim's Progress" (hyperlink near the bottom of the Library page), then
diving into the Erasmatron overviews and reference manual. (Chris might have
his own suggestions about where to start and how to proceed.)

I find myself disagreeing strongly with Chris on several issues in recent
discussion, but let there be no doubt that Erasmatron is "where we are" right
now in interactive worlds built on complex character interactions. Take a
look. The first several years of work on your Noir world have already been
done for you.

One suggestion: as a player, I'm really sick of being the detective.
Detectives don't have any fun, they just clean up everybody else's mess. Can
I please, just this once, be one of the mobsters trying to scheme, cheat, and
murder my way to the top?

- Walt