Re: A response to Walt

I agree with Bob about the universality of conflict in stories. I only
brought up the enumeration of "types of conflict" in order to argue for that
very point, by pointing out that conflict is far from limited to character
versus character. This was in answer to Chris' question, is conflict an
appropriate abstraction for an IS system?

To Jason's and Brandon's implications that theorizing is useless relative to
practice: judging from the lack of discernable improvement in IS since
about1980, I could suggest that practice is pretty frapping useless too. I
hedge my bets by participating in both. But on a mailing list I can't
implement, I can only theorize.

To Bob's and Laura's warnings about over-analyzing, I can only point out: my
computer has no heart.

- Walt