Re: Interactive storytelling and me; and a challenge

> Art of any sort is difficult and often takes decades to master before
> one can
> actually create 'art' of any sort. Machines will never 'create' art or
> story or
> music of any significance because humans create significant art and
> story and
> music for human needs. Heck, the visual aspect of visual art barely
> exists
> these days simply because of the function of 'art' these days. Art
> isn't
> something which matches the couch any more.

Here we flying away on useless tangents again. This list needs a moderator. I
have no claim to any right to moderate, but maybe we could moderate ourselves
a little more?

Is it not obvious that one's interpretation of assertions like this must
depend entirely on one's personally held meanings of undefinable and emotionally
charged concepts like art, music, story, and create? That without established
definitions for them (which we're unlikely to ever achieve consensus on here),
and with no metric for judging the threshold of "any significance," the entire
quoted statement is actually devoid of comprehensible meaning? And that
therefore arguing about it is the height of futility?

I don't think the quoted post was intended to troll, but I suggest... don't
feed it anyway.

- Walt