Re: iDrama or...??

Thom, please carefully consider everything that Mark Hughes (kamikaze) just
posted.

I disagree with him on only one small point: I doubt that any impressionist
painter, or anyone here, could possibly care whether Thom from Indiana
University thinks their work meets his arbitrary personal definition of "art" or not.
(My own work doesn't even meet my own aribitrary personal definiiton of "art;"
I'm quite content to be a craftsman.) So I don't see those particular
statements as monstrous or offensive, just (as I said from the very first)
meaningless noise.

Now, that said... okay, Thom, I'm listening. Besides that it's important --
which I agree with completely -- what is it you wanted to say or discuss about
the human element?

And please be more specific about Harry Gottlieb. What was Gottlieb's
business model and how do we apply it to supporting the creation of interactive drama
in the present day? What aspects of "i" does Gottlieb's work illuminate
particularly well, and how? What makes you think he's "THE guy who has always
understood..." (emphasis added), as opposed to, say, Shakespeare or Reiner Knizia
or Miles Davis?

- Walt