Re: Defined Plot Device OR Random Small Enc.

>I think this is dead-on necessary. The problem I've got is that either we
>have to decide early that Thomas is a necessary story element, or we've
>got to have an immensely detailed world.

Well, we would all like to have such an immensely detailed world that we
don't have to put importance values on everything, at least I would. Is it
theoretically possible? Sure, if the game never leaves beta. Which we get
into another topic thread:

Should the game have downloadable story additions? I'm not talking about
"more Levels for WarCraft II !!!" but more as "Shop Owner Pack". We didn't
have time to create the shop owner as realistically as we would have liked,
but eventually we got around to it, so here's a download. I think this is a
wonderful idea (if I do think so myself, and I did, so there, phbbtt).

>Now I'm heading towards making Thomas a necessary story element, which
>isn't the way Chris Crawford seems to be going.

To be honest, the amount of info I know about Crawford extends to what you
can read off the Erazmatazz site, further negatized by the fact that the
only thing I have read off the site is how to download said item ;)

>I think I need to download Inform and try to write a competition entry...

I've never gotten into writing Zork type games, much less got into playing
the text based games of InfoCom and so on. What is Inform (url?).

------- <http://www.disobey.com/> ----------- ICQ: 2927491 ----

  CALL ME: The Disobey News Network
  FIND ME: <http://www.disobey.com/dnn/>
  READ ME: News, information, and the latest from the very
          culture that Disobey and it's readers belong too.
         Updated daily. Except weekends. Yeah, weekends.

-05------------<\/>-------------- Disobey Section 01 of 10 ----