Re: Welcome

Hi Dan,

I've been running an interactive television (taken as a 'storytelling'
device) workshop now for three years in Media Lab at Helsinki.

Thanks about your words, the lack of other than thriller and secrects on
i-drama genres makes me wait the new things to developed, too.
I liked the idea of 'gap'. It's a small but important good point. I'd like
to hear more like that.
Having a filmwriter backround I'm - ironicly enough - still suspicious
about the use of the word story in realation of interactivity. In the true
sense of a word story. Would be nice to be converted in that.

So far all the interesting i-drama works I've experienced are more near to
the idea of communication and simulation than a story. We are building now
an i-tv work for public television (5 hours of stuff) that relies on
dialog. Dialog between the i-system (actions of characters + software) and
the collective of users. It feels like a story but it's really more like a
simulation of developement/love on two characters.
This has happened several times, interesting i-drama projects starts on
character or story driven basis but they change on simulation or
communication motivated systems. So I have started to formulate the
possible dramatic principles for mutation between story and simulation.
Maybe it's 'storymulation' that we need..
Shrotly, in 'storylike' i-drama I wouldn't give user the possiblitity for
control, only the chance to have a dialog with characters.

Raimo Lang

p.s  I'll check the book