Re: Several points

 >Todd, I think you misunderstand the point in precisely the manner that I
 >feared. As you say, the kids react to the story. Reaction is not the same as
 >interaction. Their feedback goes not to the story but to the storyteller. It
 >is the storytelling process that is interactive, not its result (the story).

Hmmm... Chris, could you help me out? Is the below an example? And if
they're the same, it'd be a benefit to all to tweak one until we have a
good example.

An attempt at Story Repeating:

  - guy telling a story around a campfire.
  - guy suddenly jumps up and yells "BOO!".
  - kids jump, one kid cries.
  - story remains the same, but instructor knows not
    to jump up and face lawsuits again.

An attempt at Story Telling:

  - guy telling a story around a campfire.
  - looks around. sees a green coat, a dropped
    shoe, and a slow moving turtle.
  - guy makes a story on the spot using
    those elements. he asks questions of the
    kids around the fire and modifies the
    story accordingly.

I skew the results here with the "asking the kids" part of the second
attempt. What if this guy just retold the story of Red Riding Hood, only as
Forgetful Three Sneakered TurtleHood? Is that story repeating? Or story
telling because he's just skewed some of the elements?

Morbus Iff
.sig on other machine.
http://www.disobey.com/
http://www.gamegrene.com/