Re: Introduction/Griffin+Sabine

> If the transformation of
> the reader is the goal of a work of literature (wonder what I think of
> that notion...), then a still image will do. A film will do. A book will
> do. All are 'interactive' experiences, because all play on the way we
> (mis)understand what we experience, on the links we draw between concepts,
> events, desires.

Wally, it would appear to me that you have defined our problem out of
existence. If indeed still images, films, and books are all interactive,
then we are wasting our time trying to figure out how to get a computer to
do interactive storytelling.

You might want to consider my own definition of interactivity, to be found
at

http://www.erasmatazz.com/Book/Chapter%201.html

Chris