ART vs. DRAMA

thom@indiana.edu wrote:

I originally objected when it was suggested that randomly generated art could be in the mix as eye candy. I objected because real ART has never worked this way.

Are you just a dramatist with a deep prejudice against the history of the visual arts? Go look up the Surrealist experiments with frottage, or Dadaist concerns with chaos and chance. But perhaps you don't think Marcel Duchamp's "Standard Stoppages" are ART either, though they hang in the museum and art historians do call them such. It seems your definition of ART is no more than "what you personally care about." Are you sure when you say ART, you don't really mean DRAMA?

Cheers, www.indiegamedesign.com Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

20% of the world is real.