RE: Idrama Mail List

Well I certainly enjoyed the visit at the Crawford ranch and meeting so
many new people. I'd like to invite everyone that hasn't already joined
the Idrama mailing list to do so and engage in further discussion there
where it can be easily filtered. I just tested it and forgot it was
majordomo (thanks Dan) anyhow to subscribe: just send an email to
majordomo@flutterby.com and put "subscribe idrama" in the body of the
email.

One of the interesting conversations I had between the official
discussions was about the communication problems in the group and the
community in general.

On the second day and lo the gods smiled on us and gave sunlight and
warmth and I set out from the house to stretch my legs and absorb some
solar radiation I happened upon Larry and within a picosecond we
realized we were on the same mission. There was a fork a short ways
ahead in the road so we agreed to part ways there and enjoy a bit of
solitude before heading back to the general discussion.

Well somewhere between making out arrangement and arriving at the fork I
found myself trying to make the argument that the De Facto language of
the industry(software in my mind at the time) would accommodate
interactive storytelling and it would be best not to introduce ANYTHING
that would add to the learning cure and discourage new comers. Larry
proposed a Lingua Franca and by the time we were half way back to the
house ,as we had long since missed separating at the fork, he had me
realizing that there are several cultures coming together here and in a
lot of cases people are putting different spins on the same words. Upon
later reflection I also realize there are many gaps in language to
describe what is and will be created out of this new "thing".  Certainly
Larry and I are not the first people to realize this. Has anyone started
a glossary, pidgin or something along these lines?  Thoughts?

PS I am sure you are all busy writing comments for the Phrontisterion
Report but new threads are good too.

-T