RE: First draft Phrontisterion Report

OK below is the draft I plan on submitting to Chris Thursday(tomorrow).
The first time I wrote a response it seemed very negative and so I
started from scratch so it's a hasty attempt at feed back but hopefully
more constructive. I posted it here first in hopes of feedback and
discussion starting again on this list and to encourage any of you to
send comments to Chris. My comments are prefaced by "#2 TG"

#2 TG	I find myself in a quandary of how to best be helpful to my
friends in the Interactive Story Community. The Phrontisterion Report
should be useful to people interested in the subject and it should be an
accurate snapshot of the state of the art.  I find myself disagreeing
with the report, the report I helped create with my input and my
silence. Perhaps this is one of the dangers of  report by committee or
perhaps it  tries to cover too wide a field  we don’t understand well
enough but from my current frame of perspective it has the wrong
questions or the answers are too nebulous to be useful.  Post conference
I am engendered with belief the best approach is to start with a classic
game framework and make iterative improvements in storytelling
capability. I plan on exploring this. I think the most valuable insight
I gained was the art of being vague and allowing the player’s
imagination fill in the gaps. I think the primary problem with the
report is that it tries to encompass too many possible approaches which
has lead the group into the malaise, lack of focus doldrums the
community seems trapped in currently. My minority comments are based my
personal belief what will be successful in the near term.