Re: Re:

>In a perfect world, all of the questions have to be immersive. You
>can't just ask people what their phobias are if you're going to play
>off of them, in many cases they don't know themselves or the answers
>are too long to give in a single setting.

We could get into a horrible Reality Engine in this situation. Scare the
crap out of the players - after they play our game for so long, we give
them a personality synopsis - what we've determined and how we modified the
game based upon their actions. Sure to be scary for some people who don't
expect it. They'd play the games again painfully aware of their reactions
creating a whole different world.

>I wouldn't have listed that as a phobia, but drop me in a realistic
>simulation of a bunch of long-legged hairy spiders and the hair on the
>back of my neck will crawl.

This prompts an innocent question: if you were in an interactive fiction
world, and we're immersed into it to a degree that we all want to create,
would you be frightened of spiders in the game? Would this effect your
decisions?

>If you've ever wondered what "color timing" is and why the color timer

To be honest, you lost me on the whole technicality of the lighting
explanations - you can be the resident Atmosphere Engine Expert...

------- <http://www.disobey.com/> ----------- ICQ: 2927491 ----

 Disobey has been mentioned in The Netly News, Internet World,
 ABCNEWS.COM, Bruce Sterling's Dead Media Notes and many more.
 Microsoft and 3Com ripped us off also.... that has gotta mean
 we're important. And hell, we got a rise out of Playboy! With
 sections that have nothing to do with the others, you'll like
 at least one thing. No, really. Go there. There.... I'm done.