Re: Cameras and Player Info

> Would it help players become more into that reality if the
> thief was raped just like them?

It would probably help generate empathy for the character. One of the
things romance novels do is the scattergun approach, afflict the heroine
with every possible problem so that the reader will sympathize with a
subset of them. If you could tailor those problems to the specifics of
the reader, however...

There's all sorts of storytelling I don't get because I don't have any
common experience with the characters. For some reason "Rosanne" comes
to mind, I always hated that show because it seemed to be wallowing in
the worst sort of mediocrity, yet obviously it struck a chord in huge
audiences (no pun intended). Since the TV market for upscale nerds with
a disaffection for consumerism is probably fairly small, so I'm not
likely to see a TV show that appeals to me in the near future.

Dan