Re: chick flick?

I'm kind of blasting through, picking out things I think bear comment
'cause I'm not going to get to write again 'til Saturday...

> The latter lends itself to dialog well. There is a LOT of dialog in
> Starship Titanic. If it's spoken, it becomes much better than reading
> dialog on the screen - more like a soap.

I'm a graphics weenie so bear with my prejudices. I'm painfully aware
of the difference between a 3dFX card and 3d Studio and RenderMan. But
I think with the right art director it's still possible to render
quite compelling emotional scenes with a couple of hundred thousand
bilinear mip-mapped point sampled polygons ala 3dFX.

Synthesizing speech for emotional content, however, is a danged hard
problem.

Not that I don't agree with you, when I first envisioned this I was
thinking King's Quest graphics (with better art direction), and good
sound is critical to emotional films.

(In fact, the snide part of me just piped up and said: Yeah, most porn
films are well lit, but the foley work and dialog sucks!)

Dan