Re: Dialogue

At 23:53 +0100 1/29/01, Aa-Tchoo! Translations wrote:
>I have seen various live storytellers on stage before small
>audiences, and I would say that the best of them have simply
>established a relationship to the audience and proceeded to describe
>their own experiences of events that the people in the audience
>could also have experienced, but didn't.

Right.. I mean, just think about how excited people get about, say,
interstellar trading games... If you really were an interstellar
trader, it'd just be your day to day job. :)

Day to day stuff can be interesting, especially if it's not too much
like your own day. :)

At 23:53 +0100 1/29/01, Aa-Tchoo! Translations wrote:
>Dynamically generated dialogue will be interesting and enjoyable
>when it comes. But in terms of computer processor power, it costs
>too much to be top on the list of things the designer considers most
>important.

But considering that much of written or filmed fiction is dialogue, I
think that it's still highly worth exploring..

-ToastyKen

| Kenneth Lu - kenlu@mit.edu - http://www.mit.edu/~kenlu/ |
| "Life is far too important to be taken seriously."      |
|                                          -- Oscar Wilde |