Re: Several points

At 10:20 -0800 1/30/01, Chris Crawford wrote:
>Here are a few simple examples:
>
><SubjectName> tells <DirObjectName> "If you don't stop intimidating
><IndObjectName>, I'll tell <IndObjectHisHer> parents!"
>
>Are you going to <StageObject1Name>? There are at least <NumberObject1Value>
>cows there.

I haven't looked into the matter enough, but I think the Mad-Lib
style is too repetitive.  I mean.. I think there needs to be a number
of ways to say each part of each sentence that means roughly the same
thing.. and if we can make that choice influenced subtly by other
factors (i.e. more likely to use shorter phrasing when annoyed.. more
likely to use big words when trying to impress you, etc.) then we're
really getting somewhere.

I think that if we limit the domain to a few topics, this would
probably be doable...

-ToastyKen

| Kenneth Lu - kenlu@mit.edu - http://www.mit.edu/~kenlu/ |
| "Life is far too important to be taken seriously."      |
|                                          -- Oscar Wilde |