Re: Chris, I think I get it!

[listowner's note: Sorry for the duplication for those of you who got
it twice, I'm still beating up on a few bugs in my new mail system...
--- Dan ]

> You're saying that when you interact with a system, that system is
> not the story.. the end result of your interaction is the story.
> Thus, interaction might PRODUCE a story, but doesn't really
> "interact" with it.
>
> So, for instance, you might interact with a storyteller, causing that
> storyteller to tell a different story.. but since that story doesn't
> exist until it's told, you can't really interact with it.. you're
> really just aiding in its creation/authorship.
>
> Is that it?

Exactly! I'm sorry if I've been sounding like some sort of puzzlemaster;
sometimes I get so deeply into my own work that when I explain it to others,
and awful lot of "It's intuitively obvious to the most casual observer"
comes out...

Chris