Re: Deals

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

> > In one very important sense, most human interactions are deals.
>
> Doesn't fit.  I cannot tell my friends with whom I had Chinese food this
> evening that it was all a "deal."

Wasn't very dramatic, either, was it?

	Ever seen the film "Hitcher" (Rutger Hauer & C. Thomas Howell)? There
was a story full of deals, and all about an 'unspoken deal.' Most folks
seem to remember it as "that movie where the guy found a finger in his
french fries," but, unlike most cheap horror films, it is actually a
worthwhile piece of fiction because of this theme.

	I don't care to list everything and spoil it for anyone on the list who
somehow hasn't seen it, but I recommend the rental as an example.

	When we are in a crisis we make deals, or try to, sometimes even with
God.

							--Bob