toning down some

Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes wrote:

Saying "This guy's great! You're not!" means nothing, and does not
make you look big and scary. You need to study what interactivity is,
how to create games using it, and then try to post something explaining
what you've learned, okay?

Although I agree with many (most? all?) of your points, this is nevertheless the juncture at which, if this were a moderatred list, and we were applying rules such as appear at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gamedesign-l, I'd be asking you to voluntarily de-escalate the flammage. It is important for a list to remain intellectually productive. An inflammatory comment *can* be intellectually productive, but often isn't. Since nobody's actually in charge here, perhaps we could all do some self-assessment of what's at stake for us, and why we feel a need to carry on in certain veins. I would hardly single you out, Mark, as several of us are doing it to various degrees.

Cheers, www.indiegamedesign.com Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

Brandon's Law (after Godwin's Law):
"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of
a person being called a troll approaches one RAPIDLY."