Re: apologies, and a restart

David Galiel wrote:

Seems I misinterpreted a first comment after the last flamefest, Brandon, as being more of the same. By the time my rant posted, you had offered a slew of additional comments that made clear that you were not personalizing the discussion as our previous flamer had.
Apologies for fanning unnecessarily.

No problemo. Many miscommunications happen on the internet due to transit delays.

You are correct that it is up to those who wish to discuss broader topics to bring them up. However, it is also true that, for those of us who have been on this list for years, previous attempt to broaden the discussion beyond "generated" story as in man- vs machine, to "mediated" story, as in using technology to facilitate drama among living people, has been strongly resisted and even shouted down

Wasn't me. :-) In fact, I tend to grouse about too many attempts at automation that don't result in enough progress or usable authoring tools.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

"The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
                         - anonymous entrepreneur