Mountain climbing

Brandon,

>What is the point of automated, engine-based approaches to
>content? To do it because it's there, like climbing Mt. Everest?
>Explain it to me, as you pursue your storytelling engines:
>what do you think you're achieving?

When Sir Edmund Percival Hillary answered "Because it's there," what he
actually meant (and what every mountaineer then and ever since has clearly
understood him to mean) was, "You insufferable little snot, what makes you
think you deserve an explanation of my motivations? What makes you think you
would be the slightest bit capable of comprehending it if I gave you one?
That you ask the question proves without doubt that you do not and you could
not. Go to hell, go directly to hell, do not pass Go, do not collect $200."

As for me and interactive storytelling, I do it because it's there.

- Walt