Re: Interactive storytelling and me; and a challenge

thom@indiana.edu wrote:

Art isn't something which matches the couch any more.

I missed this bit earlier. I don't know where you've been art shopping lately, but there are a helluva lotta galleries in a helluva lotta parts of the country where the Art darn well does "match the couch." In fact, it's fairly easy to distinguish the market of artworks that are intending to be home decoration. Usually they're colorful and based on inoffensive subject matter. And before you sneer that "that's not art," it worked fine for the Impressionists.

"Art isn't *only* about matching the couch" is a perfectly fine statement. But production processes aimed at "matching the couch" can certainly work in consumer software. To a far greater extent than one can get away with story cliches.

Cheers, www.indiegamedesign.com Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.