Flutterby™! : Finally Uploaded Pics

Next unread comment / Catchup all unread comments User Account Info | Logout | XML/Pilot/etc versions | Long version (with comments) | Weblog archives | Site Map | | Browse Topics

Finally Uploaded Pics

2004-09-29 14:42:20.589739+00 by meuon 4 comments

I finally got around to uploading pics from the Costa Rica trip from months ago, sure miss having ethernet to my servers, took all night to upload images. More pics coming tonight.. Gotta clean off my laptop hard drive so I can use it for other things. Friday I start a 3 month project (set of projects?) in an almost a real job style.

[ related topics: Photography Heinlein Travel ]

comments in ascending chronological order (reverse):

#Comment Re: made: 2004-09-29 15:35:21.339295+00 by: ebradway [edit history]

I wouldn't recommend doing this, most of these little froggies in Costa Rica are quite poisonous:

Our guide wouldn't touch this guy and I only ever saw a local pick one up by keeping a nice layer of leaves between the frog and his skin (BTW, the Canon A70 sucks at macro shots):

#Comment Re: made: 2004-09-29 19:23:06.514513+00 by: Nancy

Well, yikes! That's my hand! One of our sweet guides found this fellow and put him in my hand. But he kept jumping out. (The frog, not the guide.) The guide would re-capture him, shake him up in his fist and put him back in my hand - probably three times, 'til Mike got the picture. No ill effects. I think this 'blue jean frog' is quite common and so well marked that they felt secure about his "non-poisonous-ness". Or maybe I just got lucky!?

#Comment Re: made: 2004-09-29 19:40:13.637032+00 by: ebradway

Hmmm... I only saw one of the red ones and wasn't with a guide. I know that the guides wouldn't touch the green ones with their bare skin. Maybe it's just the green ones that are poisonous...

#Comment Re: made: 2004-09-29 21:56:07.33935+00 by: meuon

The "blue jean frog" and many others are poisonous, but most only if eaten or in contact with mucous membranes.. the guide mentioned that this one was poisonous if eaten.