Re: chick flick?

First off, I can confirm that Dan is indeed a graphics weenie's weenie and
would also agree that the current generation of graphics cards are enough to
push the polys needed to convey emotion. The soon to be available cards will
be pushing around 15 million polys a second (translation A BIG boat load)
and will just improve the fidelity and numbers of objects that can viewed.
Soon Lighting and transforms will be done by hardware on the video cards and
then we can start working with more complex scenes.

Synthesized Speech? ack! this is a full time project in it's self and in
fact is for some companies such as Lucent and Microsoft. I think I would be
happy to buy someone's library and plug it in.  I also think this technology
is a few years away :(

My snide part just popped and said I have never seen lighting to look right
in a porn film. The lighting always seemed washed out or super
colored(repairing a wristwatch with sledgehammer subtly). I must admit
<ahem> I have a very limited exposure to these genre films. Perhaps if you
get an example with good lighting and the  DVD multiple camera angles I
could be coerced into doing some ummmmm....research :)

My apologies for the emoticons. I am sure my friends will club me like a
baby seal now.

-T