[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: the butterfly effect
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: the butterfly effect
- Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 21:28:47 EST
- Reply-To: idrama (at sign removed to prevent spamming) flutterby (dot) com
- Sender: email@example.com
In a message dated 3/5/99 1:01:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> In my view, characters with strong wants are always best.
Thats soo true. My first Screen Writing teacher was famous for a few things.
But what sticks in my brain is the Wanting of character, and making sure the
Hero is competent. He said: "make sure your hero wants something, and even in
a small way is capable of getting it. Even if its just a glass of water in
the first 5 pages."
BTW - I worked on Carmen Word, Math, and Time also. Good stuff maynard.