Re: iDrama or...??

In a message dated 6/6/05 3:25:20 PM, thom@indiana.edu writes:

<< I'm certain that Shakespeare, Reiner Knizia and Miles Davis understand
interactivity. Harry has just been doing the work of iDrama before the
list existed. He's worth a look but you all would have to be prepared
to go slumbing a bit in the iGhetto of human interactivity.

Again I ask, please provide some specifics. Mentioning a name and saying "go
search" is not helpful. When I recommended My Life With Master, I explained as
best I could what it is, why I thought list members might find it helpful,
and where to find further information. I ask for the same consideration.

What is it about Shakespeare's work that makes you sure he understands
interactivity? What work of Harry Gottlieb strikes you as particularly relevant? (I
assume you mean Harry Gottlieb the Jellyvision guy, and not Harry Gottlieb the
20th century Impressionist printmaker, whose work, by your own principles,
must be mere decoration.) Are you referring to ICI and the Jack Principles? Why
do you call human-like interfaces an "iGhetto?" Isn't there a lot of
well-funded academic research going on in that area, such as the sociable machines
(Cog) project at MIT? What importance do you see this work having for idrama?

And again, what is it that you wanted to say or discuss about the human
element?

- Walt