Re: toning down some

Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes wrote:

I tend to respond bluntly and point it out when someone's obviously playing social dominance games instead of dealing with the subject.

It's not so obvious to me. I see you both dealing with the subject in your own way, and both trying to dominate each other.

can't tell right now if Thom's trolling or simply inexperienced and
posturing to hide that fact. If he's underinformed but enthusiastic
about the subject anyway, he'll knock it off and try to post about
interactive drama instead of just naming random names. If he's
trolling, he won't.

Or he'll just decide that interacting with people who throw "troll" labels around is not an intellectually productive use of his time. As might others, which is why exercising some self-restraint is important to forum health.

 I'll try to be nicer, but while I'm a helpful and generous guy, it's
not really in my nature to be too gentle.

Cheers, www.indiegamedesign.com Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

"Troll" - (n.) Anything you don't like.
Usage: "He's just a troll."