Re: Business models and eye candy

Mike Rozak wrote:

It uses still, 360 surround images like Myst III. The images are rendered using my renderer in http://www.mxac.com.au/m3d. Add to this text-to-speech to avoid displaying text, audio, etc. (It can also play voice audio recordings if you don't like TTS.) It's completely controlled by a Java/Flash-like scripting language.

2 months ago I asked several text-to-speech researchers whether synthesis for dramatic purposes was currently possible. As in, controlling tone of voice, expression, etc. They said no. Estimates of when it'll be available ranged from "that's our next generation product" to "people have been saying they'll have this in 5 years for, like, forever."

Cheers, www.indiegamedesign.com Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

"The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
                         - anonymous entrepreneur