RE: Interactive Drama: Why I've lost interest

Brandon J. Van Every writes:
> I find the idea that 'story' is or should produce 'better social
> experiences' bizzare.

A quick addendum, going back to my original post after a re-read: I
said "playing computer games", not "story", because in that part of my
little screed I wasn't yet taking on narrative. I was just pointing
out that computer games are less social an experience than games
pre-computers, whether they were role playing games, board games, card
games or whatever.

Yes, computer games do bring people together, when I was in high
school we had piracy parties and now kids have LAN parties (where
piracy is the secondary occurrence), but not in the same way.

Dan