RE: Interactive Drama: Why I've lost interest

Dan Lyke wrote:

> On the other hand, stories are what pass along the myths of the
> culture, and some of my reading is exploring a shared culture and
> finding common references; it's hard to hang out with hardcore
> sysadmins, for instance, without having a good base in Terry
> Pratchett.

I don't hang out with sysadmins.  I hang out with Functional
Programmers.  Who are really interesting people, and often have other
pursuits like music or art or whatnot.  Maybe the reason I can hang out
with them, is I'm not stuck in a work situation with them.  We just meet
over beer every 3 weeks.  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SeaFunc if
anyone in Seattle is interested.

Game development also offers a broader disciplinary scope than sysadmin
work.  You can meet programmer geeks who only care about pushing
polygons, but people who at least think they know something about game
design are common enough.  Which in turn can encompass many life
orientations.

Cheers,                         www.indiegamedesign.com

20% of the world is real.