Re: Interactive storytelling and me; and a challenge

thom@indiana.edu wrote:

Brandon, impressionistic painting 'was' art (19th century) and the stuff that was painted 'back then' still is art but if you are an impressionist today you are a decorator.

Sorry, no. There is little point in debating this particular issue further, as you seem to have extremist opinions on what 'counts' as Art.

Mel is a scripting language for Maya and actually every single significant 3d package on the market today has an equivalent scripting langauge. The language is tool for the artists. The language by itself produces nothing. My point is that human beings create art of all sorts. If a human isn't directly in the mix no art comes out.

True for 3D modeling / animation packages. I don't think those guys do too much procedural modeling.