Re: designing socially-constructive spaces

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, David Galiel wrote:

That is why NPCs that appear superficially like other players are a deep design error, in my opinion, and why, in the worlds I am designing, everything that looks human, is human, and everything that is AI/AL driven, looks like a machine or a non-sentient life-form (and, in fact, anything that is supposed to be an AI is, in fact, a human-operated puppet).

Good support for this one from Terry Winograd at Stanford who, I think in 1986, suggested that artificial stupidity was a goodf goal for AI and something as smart as a dog would be great.

A little bit here:

http://www.natureinstitute.org/txt/st/mqual/misc/dna.htm

--Thom